Sunday 23 January 2011

Started Using Wix To Create Band Web Page

For one of our ancillary tasks we have to design a website homepage for our band. We are going to do this using Wix.com, a site which allows you to create your own websites for free.

Wix has lots of pre-made templates that you can use for your own. After looking through many different templates I decided that it would be better to create our own page from scratch as there weren't any templates that I felt had the correct look for the genre and style of music that our music video is.

I started with a plain black background and added a smoke affect overlay. I then took the band's album cover "Fever" (which is the album from which our music video song choice is taken) and added a gradient fade to black to use as a background for the area's where text, links, photos, videos etc will be displayed on the web page.

I then added the Band's logo to the top of the page, this is of the band's name "Bullet For My Valentine" in their signature font. Below is a picture of this work so far.



I will blog more as I finish creating each section of the website.

1 comment:

  1. This look very effective. Try to talk more about how what you are doing suits the style of music, the potential target audience etc

    ReplyDelete